In this day and age, the work environment has become very fast-paced and stressful. Employees are expected to complete tasks under strict deadlines and, on top of that, they get more extra work for the day which needs to be completed. Of course, in such stressful environments which are created for them, employees are bound to get stressed, exhausted, unmotivated and tired. They spend more than 8 hours at a workplace, using and stretching their brain for hours at ends. However, if the brain is not allowed some rest and space, the employee will not only feel tired, they may not even be able to perform at their best. Daily tasks would be boring and just above the level. Which is why company outings should be planned and carried out by the managers and seniors. This will give their employees and workforce a boost and make them fresh and motivated.
Here are a few reasons why every business, organization, and workplace should organize outings for their employees:
• Companies cannot expect their employees to work like robots. The brain needs rest from time to time as it cannot function for hours at end. Sometimes employees just need something else to look at or listen or another creative task. Anything that helps their brain relaxes. Relaxing the brain helps the brain get more productive and makes the person be more active at his work tasks. The employee will be happy and the tasks performed will be at their level best.
• It gives the opportunity for the company’s employees to bond. Looking at and bonding with the workforce in some place other than the office can actually create bonds of friendship and closeness. Being in an office, a company’s employees mostly look at other employees as colleagues and not friends. Company outings give the employees and colleagues to bond with each other. Team bonding makes employees motivated and the environment in the workplace will be more at home.
• Company outings level the playing field. Everyone is an equal at that time with no titles or subordination getting in the way. People actually get to bond with their seniors and other department workers. This helps create a very friendly work environment for each and every employee in the company. Whether the employee is from HR or from the legal department or whether the person is a manager. Bonding with the employees creates social cohesion and the employees feel more comfortable.
• Company outings don’t need to be expensive. Many employees will enjoy a simple barbecue or an exciting an fun comedy show. Comedy shows are actually a great way to help employees blow off some steam. What better way than to spend some time with your employee-made-friends and laugh about stupid jokes?
• As already said, company outings increase employee motivation. With increased motivation, the employees look forward to work and are always trying to deliver their best work. Having a homey work environment where everyone is treated with respect and as equals is what an employee looks forward to.
As a company, you should start organizing company outings.
Joseph Santiago, DIRECTOR OF SALES, Best Comedy Tickets, Inc.