ecently we had a chance to interview one of our favorite comedians Liz Miele at the New York Comedy Club,
an amazing stand-up comedian as she shared his journey with us.
1. What other jobs did you do before starting stand up comedy?
I started stand-up @ 16 so not much. I worked as a receptionist at my parents animal hospital for years. Was a waitress, a temp at a million places and my last day job I babysat part-time.
2. How did you know you wanted to be a comedian?
Nothing else made me nearly as happy and it was the only thing I work hard on and cared about. I thought I was lazy before stand-up but I just didn’t care about anything as much.
3. If you weren’t doing comedy, what would you be doing?
At this point, I now see what other skills and passions I have. I think marketing or management. I’m stupidly organized and I like creative problem-solving. Or be homeless.
4. Where are some of your favorite places to perform?
My favorite place ever was The Stand in Glasgow. I LOVE Top Secret Comedy Club in London. New York Comedy Club and The Comedy Cellar are my fav in NYC and love DC Improv in Washington, DC.
5. Who are some of your favorite up-and-comers in the comedy world?